Monday, September 22, 2008

I lie awake almost nightly.  Perhaps I choose to do so.  It seems I have an insatiable thirst for my own thoughts.  I alone can feel this way.  It seems no one shares my interest.

I believe in self reliance, but I am trapped in a world that will not allow me to be this way.  Or, rather, I choose to be trapped in this environment. 

It is maddening to know the things I know.  It is maddening to feel the things I feel.  I tell myself everyone must feel this way.  But upon examination of those around me; I can deduce otherwise.  I wonder if those around me could do the same of me.  But I've come to the conclusion that they would not bother to spend the time.

Our thoughts are not where they should be.  They're focused on vanity.  Focused on things which have no True meaning.  We are victims of mass subversion.  We don't even know.

Our supposed great minds can analyze history.  We believe we prove why things happened.  All the while oblivious to why things are happening.  We're always a page behind on time. 

Take oil for instance.  Was anyone complaining when society realized they could burn oil to create heat?  This eventually gave way to harnessing the energy of the heat created and attaining a level of comfort unimaginable by those only 50 years our senior!  Was anyone picketing then?  Was anyone trying to say we should not be doing this?

If so there were precious few.  As accounts of this type of behavior did not come to surface until rather recently.  Only when we realized that we were eventually going to run out of resources!  How could we have been so narrow minded?

I myself have come to believe that if I want to live my life to it's maximum potential I must become self reliant in the true sense of the word. 

I watch on brokenhearted as the numbers of men and women around me slowly dwindle.  Ever being replaced by a new face.  But the memory of those lost lives on and it stirs me.  I think of the young men who were barely out of grammar school the first time I went to war. 

The only thing I know is that everything is getting worse.  I feel like I see things for what they are.  I am not a pessimist.  In fact I am quite the opposite.  I believe good comes to those who are willing to receive and share it.  None the less I watch as the things that I believe in are taken.  Also realizing that what I believed I had, I never truly had at all. 

Freedom has been robbed from us.  It has been robbed by the same people who are demanding change.  Most of us don't even realize it.  We all want change.  Our feeling is one of optimism.  That things cannot get any worse.  Any direction from here must be a better direction.

But no one is really sure of anything.  We are robbed at every turn.  This becomes painfully obvious when one realizes that paper money never meant anything anyways.  The only thing of worth on this earth is what She has to offer us.  We do not understand this concept.

We do not understand what was in mind when this nation was founded.  We forgot ever so quickly!  Sometimes we are reminded, but we rarely ever take the time to contemplate.

Consider if you will,



Over two thousand years ago Greek
astronomers knew that the Earth was sphereical. During lunar eclipses the Moon passes
through the Earth's shadow. The Greeks noticed that the shadow cast by the Earth was
always circular, and the only object that always casts a circular shadow is a sphere.
Therefore, the Greeks concluded that the Earth was a sphere.

However a nagging question
was how big was the Earth? About 200 BC. Eratosthenes, a Greek astronomer, discovered a
way to measure the circumference of the Earth. He had heard reports from the city of Syene
Egypt, which was on the equator, that the Sun shown directly down vertical wells on the
first day of summer. Eratoshtenes did not observe such phenonmenon at his home, thus he
concluded that the Sun never reaches Zenith at his home in Alexandria 7o north of Syene.


Eratosthenes measured the Sun to be about 7o south of his local zenith on the first day
of summer (the summer solstice). Based upon this observation is concluded that distance
from Alexandria and Syene must be 7/360 or 1/50 that of Earth's circumference since 360o
make up a complete circle.


At the time the standardunit of measurement was called a stade and is thought to be
about 1/6 of a kilometer. The distance from Syene to Alexandria was about 5000 stades.
Thus, Eratosthenes estimated the Earth's circumference to be about


50 x 5000 = 25,000 stades = 42,000 km.


The modern value for the circumference of the Earth is 40,000 km. So Eratosthenes was
correct to within 5% of the actual value.



We think of our ancestors as primitive because they did not live in such luxuries.  But comparable to their times they really did.  They were capable of so much more than we give them credit for.  Brilliance that is not seen often in our times.  Partially because this is a long list.  We have human ancestors going back farther than we can actually accurately date.  We can only estimate.

But we have convinced ourselves (or rather, been convinced) that we are far superior to all of them.  Incapable of understanding time.  Because we see time relative to our terrestrial lives.  Therefore how could we possibly begin to understand.

I will make a prediction that likely none of you will ever live to see.

There is a large outcry among "environmentalists" to go green.  These people are fanatical about solar energy and the like (I myself am very excited about sustainable energy).  I say that collecting solar energy is the same as harvesting any other source of energy we have found.  It is a futile effort that will produce amazing results relative to our current understanding.  Eventually giving way to an enormous outpouring against the environmental consequences of our actions.

This is Nature that we are talking about.  This is inevitable Divine Law.  This is God.  This is Allah.  This is Brahman, Buddhi, Atma, Fohat ..... I could go on all day.  We have so many names for the same idea.  And for each name are infinite idealists behind these ideas.  All of these people, thanks to their human nature wish for peace in some manner.  But each is perverted by their own interpretations of life. 

Eventually we will get back to the inevitable question.  We will have massive idealist revolutions followed by eventual spiritual revelations....

And finally as a whole we will begin to focus on what the real purpose of Humanity is.  Eventually this period of time will be forgotten.  The only way we can dig for an answer is to dig into ourselves.  Only when everyone has come to terms with this fact can there be a balance.  And once there is truly a balance there will be no vibration.  Therefore there must be no life as we know it.

Even as the string of an instrument lies dormant, awaiting to be plucked, it has a sound.  This sound exists in an invisible, intangible world.  The only way the human being is assumed to be able to enjoy this sound is by reaching out and plucking the string.  As the vibration thrills it travels in two directions.  Like the dual serpents climbing the stick on a cadusa.  As the vibration sustains we hear the sound produced and harvest our enjoyment from it thanks to our ears and brain.  Eventually this vibration will run out of physical energy and cease to be.  But the sound lives on.  Though inaudible to our ears, the principal (Law) still exists!  We may reach out and pluck it again.  The physical dormance is aggrivated.  The unity, by a threefold power (the bridge, the nut, and the plectrum) manifest as a duality (the vibration of the string).  We again hear the sound ... BORN AGAIN.

But you're undoubtably thinking "No miracle there!"

Perhaps you should examine it more closely....

Or maybe you would prefer not to care.  To me this is not an option.  It is what my life's work must be.  In my life I have sought to do good somehow.  I have been deceived like the rest of us.  My good nature has been misused, and not only by those around me, but also and most importantly by myself.

I am no rightous man.

"Suffering itself frees man of suffering" - Krishnamurti

The knowledge that I have received bares great burden in me.

I have seen great turmoil and death.

I have been part in these things.

I am truly a free man.

No comments: